Coffee - considered by many the quintessential caffeine delivery system in the world. Those luscious little beans have been cultivated on every continent except Antarctica. However, many people don't like coffee due to some of the bitter compounds present in the brew.
Compounds such as chlorogenic acids, trigonelline, furfuryl alcohol, and even caffeine itself lend bitter flavors to a pot of fresh coffee. Fans of the drink have been trying for centuries to find the best way to extract all the flavor and aroma from coffee, while extracting only a balanced amount of bitterness.
Aerobie, the folks that make those wonderful flying rings, created a way to brew a single cup of the most flavorful and yet least bitter coffee you've ever tasted. Coffee snobs around the world have enjoyed the Aeropress coffee maker, and have compared the brew it makes to brews made with $6000 Clover coffee machines!
Here's how you do it:
* Place a filter on the bottom of the Aeropress
* Place the Aeropress on top of your favorite coffee mug
* Put a measured scoop of coffee into the brewing chamber
* Pour hot water into the brewing chamber
* Using the included stirrer, mix the coffee and water
* Wait twenty seconds, and place the plunger on top of the brewing chamber
* Push down gently on the plunger
* When the plunger reaches the bottom, pop out the puck of coffee grounds into the garbage
* Profit! Enjoy your perfect cup of coffee!